Saturday, November 25, 2006

too much knitting

I have had too much knitting time. Enough time to realize that DH's hat is meant to be knit at a 18 sts= 4 inches gauge, with 36 rows to 4 inches. MY row gauge is on- exactly, but my stitch gauge is 3.5 sts = 1 inch, so about 14 sts = 1 inch. I don't think it will be a problem however, as the hat is knit from top to bottom and the row gauge I think is the more important gauge for this particular hat. So it seems my st gauge being off will yield a taller/longer hat, which I figure will just require the brim to be folded up more. That is what I am hoping at least.

I didn't get to watch Grey's on Thursday night, so I am just about to watch it tonight. I listened to the Grey's podcast on which they referenced that episode as the one where everything falls apart.

Oh, we have a pop-up Genevieve jumping up alongside me as I blog.

That reminds me of the impulse item we just bought at Super Target. DH noticed a box of Reese's Puffs cereal with a "Happy Feet" figurine in the box. I really wanted it because that was a cute movie and I love animals, including penguins. He noticed that the toys are supposed to be in boxes of Lucky Charms too, but we couldn't find Lucky Charms with the penguins inside. So we bought the Puffs. I really don't like them, and DH isn't a huge fan of them. Oh well, we'll find a home for them.

So, to take a break from knitting DH and I bought at new puzzle at Super T. It is one of those new kind that glows different colors in the the dark. After Grey's we will give it a go.

No comments: