Monday, August 29, 2005

Do you vacuum your dog?

Not just vacuum up his/her fur- but actually vacuum your dog? After DH and I did our run I came back and decided to vacuum while DH was in the shower. Buster followed me around, walking between my legs, herding the vac, silently. After awhile I realized what he wanted. Yes, he was in his "needy" mode, pet me pet me pet me I'm cute- but he also wanted to be vacuumed. So I sat down on our fluffy clean vacuumed carpet and put his favorite nozzle on the vacuum. It's the one that's flat, sort of like a big brush without bristles. And I vacuumed him. He loved it. He just sat there enjoying the gentle suction on his fur. And his fur felt really soft and looked really shiny afterwards. And he was happy, and I finally understood what he wanted by sticking right by my side as I did my work.

1 comment:

Kelle said...

We vaccum the cat. Does that count? Now that she is deaf and isn't scared of the sound she doesn't mind and actually seems to enjoy being vacuumed.