Friday, August 05, 2005

Weekend update- knitting, traveling, work and school

Well- I will do the work part first. As far as I know I will be starting my new job on August 16th. Since I have a date in my head for this big part of my life, and thus will not be able to procrastinate or work slowly on my thesis anymore, I have been feeling motivated.

Part of this motivation is setting reachable goals for myself. My usual thesis writing goal is 2 pages per day I chose to work on it. I met this goal on Tuesday after working a half day, Wednesday following my favorite SnB group, and Thursday, following an always fabulous Thai lunch at St. Paul's Taste of Thailand, and then reward time at Borealis Yarns to select yarns for a buttonhole bag. Yay! Both of these two fun things eating Thai and eyeing yarns was done with our SW SnB leader of the pack, Beth.

Well- last night I was up till 1:30 am (didn't I vow never to do that for school again a long time ago?) working on my thesis. This week resulted in my writing 10 pages on it. And yes, Kelle, I'm not quite done with it yet, but the end is growing nearer and nearer. In fact once I reach the end I won't know what to do- and may not even realize the end has come.

Sum that up to 10 pages closer to the thesis' end, a new full-time job with great benefits, new yarn- and two fast new projects to work on in the car (Buttonhole bag & a prayer shawl) The latter I am making for a friend with a rare kidney disease. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers if it crosses your mind. I have been wanting to do this project for awhile, and while in IA I found the uber-cool yarn store Purls, along with the perfect shawl yarn and pattern. Pictures later.

My cute little Weasel has been so much trouble. She must have been watching those Cottonelle TP commercials- because she has gotten into our TP about 5 times this week! DH says that she needs to learn to leave it alone, but I can't sit in the bathroom all day with her saying "leave it!" So, I took the roll off, a logical step. But DH put a fresh roll back on. So I shut the door, which sometimes doesn't latch. Well, I just went to the hall and saw the toilet paper mess. What are we to do?

The traveling part- is that DH, and the dogs and I are going to visit some of of DH's college friends. The great part is that we get to see their new baby boy, their growing 2 year-old boy, and this time I get to hang out with them freed of school work! The last time they visited I was in a crabby mood all weekend since I had class the whole time they were here. This weekend will be much better, I'm looking forward to it, and I hear that there may be a massage time for us girls. :)

No comments: