Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Today I lost 15 pounds...

In library books from my school library! Yay! That means I turned in a huge stack of books used for my thesis- and that I am getting even closer to its end. My advisor even permitted me to "drop" one of the last 2 paper sections. That means there is one part left to write, and I am meeting with my advisor next Tuesday to lay out that part.



So I bet you're wonderin' "How did her first day of work go?"



Well, it went really well, considering the fact that they (work) was expecting me at 1pm today- and I got a cell phone call at 8am regarding the time I was coming in for Thursday. At that point I casually mentioned that I was in the work parking lot. OOPS! They did find a way to use an hour for some orientation, then I met a friend at Caribou, ate my bag lunch with my sister-in-law, and returned to work. I am really excited about this job, and this workplace. I feel like I will have lots of opportunities to grow more, develop new skills, and gain lots of experience.

No comments: