Monday, August 15, 2005

First day is tomorrow!

I have been trying to get everything to together for my new job. That includes getting myself together. I still don't know what to wear!? I don't want to be over or under-dressed- I want to make a good impression- but not shock anyone with my bold colored wardrobe, or "Beauty and the Geek" earrings" (the big dangly kind that look like gypsy accessories).


I start tomorrow at 8:15am. I hope I can sleep tonight. I spent time at our new Starbucks working on my paper, got a pedicure with my mom, and went to Caribou with her later for a treat and some knitting time over conversation.


Today my Grandma-in law had surgery- keep her in your thoughts. She is the one making the awesome koala quilt for us.


This past weekend we had 2 "Thai parties." On Saturday I just "had" to cook Thai food. So we did. We made crab cream cheese wontons, lemongrass salad, and shrimp fried rice with pork instead of shrimp. I also made "waikiki cocktail" from Food Network's Semi-homeade with Sandra Lee show. It was so good. I used a can of peach juice, a can of guava juice, some fresh orange juice from 1/2 an orange, a sliced up lemon, grenadine for color and sugar, and some liquid sugar, with passionfruit rum. That stuff smells like candy- I could not believe it. It was a great meal, spent with great friends.


Sunday night my parents came over, and we made Pork with Thai basil (with shrimp instead of pork) and had more wontons and salad, and some leftover waikiki cocktail.


I was craving cooking after Friday, which was spent with my Mom at Let's Dish. There we assembled 7 meals and a chocolate lava cake. We haven't eaten any of them, but I am glad we have back-up in the freezer- food on hand for full meals when I run out of time. I do plan to run out of time, too! I am going to be working full-time.


I haven't worked full-time since my sophomore year in college, when I worked for a summer as a Technical Aide at 3M in the Industrial Abrasive Systems testing sandpaper with stainless steel. It was not a good job for this girly-girl!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Good luck with the new job! Your menu sounds yum, I'm going to have to try the wontons.

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck and have fun!