Monday, August 29, 2005

Pants of Scotland-made material in the kitchen with a corgi

They have a zipper on the side. I cannot tell you how much I worried

about sewing in the zipper. I hadn't sewn one in for years. To

alleviate my worries, I went online to find out how to do it. I was

able to use my leftover fusible hem tape from our IKEA kitchen curtains

to reinforce where the zipper would go. This made that part sturdy and

cooperative as I sewed in the zipper. Then, I was totally shocked- the

plaids lined up where the zipper was sewn in. Unbelievable. I must have

been thinking last summer when I started cutting them out- or just got

lucky. Either way, I was happy. I do still have to hem them though. I'm

tall and my pants are usually shorter than I like, so I wanted to make

sure they were super long.



Oh- please ignore my shirt. There appears to have been one load of

laundry that came out spotted. Was that the load that I did?



The pattern is from Burda. I started these last summer, then was

discouraged because I thought the plaids would not line up at the

seams. Then, I decided they will be "rockstar punk plaid pants." I

think they're great and very comfortable. Dh says they look like "store

pants."



I got my sewing machine back from getting fixed on Wednesday, along

with my puppy who was "fixed" and envisioned her laying, mellowed out,

by my side while I sewed. She, however, was not to be made mellow by

her surgery. So un-mellow in fact that on Saturday morning prior to

driving to Duluth to an afternoon wedding we had to bring her in to our

vet as she had "come undone." She was rough-housing with Buster

despite our best attempts for them to be calm together. Since I get a

bit squeamish I said, "DH check her." And sure enough, my laid-back

husband verified that we'd have to bring her in (to the vet). So we

did, and they stapled her shut. Yes, literally. She was oblivious to

the fact that she could have fallen apart due to excessive play, and

also that she had staples in her. Now, she has been quarantined to my

parent's house for a few days, away from Buster, so that she will rest

without the temptation to treat Buster as a hurdle. Of course, that

means that DH and I have to go visit her frequently as we miss her.

1 comment:

- LisaD. said...

She knits.....and sews? Girl, what don't you do?