Sunday, August 14, 2005

Leaf Lace shawl as modeled on the bed

This project was a bit of a challenge once it started growing. There was a lot of tinking, unknitting one stitch at a time, row by row. The "yarn" (it seems like a misnomer to call this stuff yarn) is very slippery, as slippery as it is shiny, and dropped stitches spell certain disaster. There were precious few of those along the way, but enough to send me into a tizzy whenever this snafu was found. Once I talked to Kelle, my knitting wizard guru friend, knitting this began to become less arduous. She asked if I could look at the pattern on the needles and recognize what came next. I have to admit my eyes spent more time looking at the chart then my knitting, and I was not fully aware and conscious of what I was actually doing. I began to become more in tune with my project, and looked at my knitting - and was able to see how the pattern worked. I felt like I had some type of knitting enlightenment moment. Now I would like to sit down for hours and just work on this- like get it done before my new job starts, Tuesday at 8:15. That would be ideal. I plan to knit while watching TIVO'ed Saturday Night Live tonight.

The big question is: I'm seeking input here- what color should I make the leaf "points" along the edge? I have a pinkish magenta of the same type of yarn, or more silver or blue? So- Pink, Silver, or Blue?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think my vote is for the silver though I am intrigued by the mental picture of the shawl with magenta... Whatever you decide, that shawl is spectacular!

Kelle said...

I vote pink, but the silver would be cool too. Maybe silver leaf with pink ends?