Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Only one knitting corgi today

Corgimom dropped off her little poochie to get spayed this morning. I just heard back from my friendly veterinarian, and she did fine, and it all went well. She has to stay overnight, and then I will eagerly pick her up tomorrow morning sometime after 10am.

Today- I met at Dunn Bros. with my thesis advisor, Roger Ballou. It was wonderful to tie up some loose paper ends (though not as good as knitting), and to figure out what to say in my LAST SECTION! Yay! Can I express more happiness about that? Like, let's have a party?!

Now, my big self-set goal is to work on the last section and get half or all of it done by Thursday night when there is a big group thesis meeting. To those of you thinking, and asking (Kelle, this includes you) "Aren't you done yet?" I have to tell you that of all the other thesis-writing students in my group I am by far the furthest along in my paper. And boy is that great to hear! I'm almost done, I'm almost done!!!(Said in a nananabooboo-way).

Last night I was distracted from my current sock in progress when I saw the leaf lace sock. I just gotta get that pattern! I frogged what I'd done so far, and will be making another LYS trip today to purchase that pattern as a reward to myself for spending, hmmm...let's say 45 min. on my paper today. Furthermore, I embarked on "teach myself intarsia in bed" last night. I printed off some free knitter's graph paper, drew a koala head, and then proceeded to intarsiafy it. There will be pictures. I will also be felting it just to see what it does.

Last night we (DH and I) went to a neighbor lady's house to set up her new Dell computer. I brought some Teavana tea and my tea kettle of filtered water, and she shared ice cream, pizzeles (cookies), oatmeal cookies, and a bottle of chilled Cold Duck. She said it had been in her fridge waiting for us to come over since her computer arrived two days ago. So we had a little New computer install party, and I drank lots of tea, Cold Duck, and ate far too many pizzeles. We had a really nice time.

Well, I suppose it is time to earn my leaf sock pattern. They will be pink/red/green perfect for leaves I thought. I must re-embark on my thesis writing.

3 comments:

Kelle said...

I've contemplated making the socks from that pattern too, they're so cool. I think they would be fabulous with your shawl.

Kelly said...

It was funny to see the name "Roger Ballou" since he was a dean back when I was a student at UWRF.

Hang in there as you sprint to the finish on the thesis. It's a great feeling when you become a Master of the Universe, as we called it when I was in grad school :)

- LisaD. said...

Hmm.....I consider myself the master of my universe and I don't even have a degree. I'm thinkin' I'd better go back to school to earn this self given title. :-)