Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yippie yippie yay!

I have been knitting on a leaf lace sock, working at my supposed-to-be full-time but not quite full-time yet job, and COMPLETING A THESIS!

Yes- it's true. I just finished printing out 2 copies of my thesis. And not a moment too soon, either. I got an e-mail from school telling us to schedule our orals whether our paper is done, or undone.

I am in a state of shock; the reality has not yet hit. This is 53 pages of thesis. 38 sources were used, countless hours were involved, the budget was blown due to overconsumption of Caribou coffee (I needed it to help me work, yes, really), way too much sugar was ingested, and a good-size forest of trees was sacrificed in the process. I learned quite a bit about myself, the most important thing is that eating lots of gummy candy makes me a productive worker. It really helped me get in the "zone" and to stave off writer's block. I figure it's worth all the caffeine and sugar to have this paper done, don't you think?

So I can go into this weekend relaxed, and not have any thesis work writing to do. I do have another bit of edits to do following the review by the 2 faculty, but that is such a small thing in comparison to gathering thoughts and trying to make it all flow.

Now, my friend Rebeka and I can go out to Cafe Brenda. The first time I went there I motivated myself to complete my research paper (back in winter), and now our second trip will be a celebratory event for our theses.

2 comments:

Kelle said...

Yay, for finishing your thesis. Was there really any doubt? Enjoy the weekend.

- LisaD. said...

Congrats! When can we read it?