Friday, September 16, 2005

Play day+ my last Master's level class

Wow. Yesterday was a solid long, busy day. I was pretty much working from 9:15 till 8pm. I say pretty much 'cause a girl's got to eat and use the facilities once and while. Let me tell you what it's like to be an in home therapist.

When will I eat a snack, lunch, dinner, etc. How will I pack a lunch and a dinner such that both are self-contained yet tasty enough to be eaten while driving and following along with at Mapquest directions on the way to my next appointment. When people return my phone calls will they offer an over abundance of important info that should be written down- at the same time that I am driving? (I don't write and drive, but I could see how this challenge could come up).

Just what is it is like to live out of your car? At the start of the morning I try to think about everything that I could possibly need through the day. Knitting always goes into the car- but it doesn't always get touched till I'm home for the night. Sometimes you wonder where to go to the bathroom. Is this going to be a safe, as in clean place to go or should I wait and sneak it in on the way to a next appointment?

Well, today I am studying with my friend Rebekka for our upcoming oral exams. Speaking of which, I had an unnerving phone call while in Caribou knitting with my friend Leslie. Dr. Smith called. That is the same name as my dentist. I really hate going to the dentist, and as you recall I went there a few months ago. So meanwhile I am panicking. What's going on? I know they cleaned my teeth well enough, my wisdom teeth are already out, why are they calling?

Then I realized this was Dr. Smith from Grad school, calling about my oral exam. The oral exam that is a "conversation" per my thesis-advisor's description, not a teeth cleaning type. Whew.

So tonight I begin my very last class in school. And tomorrow at 4:30pm or before I will finish that same class. Today I study at the wonderful Muddy Paws Cheesecake, and go to class. Did I already mention that I did my run for the morning? Yes. It is a good day. A day in which I will have fun studying with a friend, and basking or bragging about being done with school:) And I will knit, too. Indeed, a good day.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

When are your orals? I will send positive vibes your way :-)