Tuesday, September 06, 2005

wait a minute...

Who has a silver Scion? I wanna silver Scion...Tell me more...

DH and I volunteered at Dorothy Day in St. Paul on Saturday morning. We made unbaked oatmeal cookies for 150 people and lemonade for 300. I brought my own favorite apron to wear, so I didn't have to wear a thin plastic white one. Mine is blue and white with big hawaiian flowers on it. It is from the Aloha Swap Meet in Hawaii. It has a nice pocket on the front and a thin strap that goes over my head. It really is the best. But anyway- at the Dorothy Day volunteer parking lot there was a SILVER Scion! Where did it come from, who's is it? Anyone who knows me knows that sometimes I am really not shy. Like when DH and I invited ourselves over to a Hudson, WI backyard of strangers just because they had corgis. Yes, I have been about to ask those lucky few on the road (when parked) just how their Scion treats them. What do they like, dislike etc. No, I am not conducting an outsourced survey for Toyota (of whom Scion is a "marque" of theirs, I just want to know. So tell me, what have you experienced/heard about Scions?

OH- I have a big day- three sessions tomorrow, from 11-7ish. I hope I can make it through the day!

Weasel got her stitches and staples out today- it was a big day for us all. Then, at home she and Buster had bath night. So I have 2 clean dogs. One of whom will go for a run with us tomorrow. We've been taking Buster on the run, and then coming back for Weasel for our cool-down. It's been working pretty well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello again. The silver Scion is great. Mine is a stick shift, which I insisted on, and is a 2006 model. We've taken it on two 4-hour road trips in the three weeks I've had it, and it handled really well. Even through a rain storm that slowed freeway traffic to 25 mph. The only issue is the small engine. If you have to choose, on the freeway, to accelerate past someone entering from an on ramp or slowing to let them enter ahead of you -- you need to choose to slow down. It handles wonderfully, but it doesn't have tremendous acceleration. Let me know if you have any other questions!