Wednesday, September 14, 2005

In answer to Amy, mommy of Teddy the wonder dog (and some cute real kids, too)

Here's a fun little blog game.

Ten years ago: OH gosh. Let's not relive that time of my life! I worked at PetSmart as a cashier, specialty associate, dog obedience trainer, etc.

Five years ago: Hmmm...how old was I then? That was a year before I "officially" met my husband. I think I saw him in church though, and claimed him as my own after hearing him sing I said, "I'm going to marry him" he has a really nice voice and can play guitar and all that stuff. I was in college, oh! I went to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands as a traveling studying biology nerd. You should see how cute I look in my own version of rain forest trek clothes. Let me give you an image. Shoulder-length brown hair peeked out from under my khaki colored hiking hat, a lanyard held a portable compass and mini girlie Swiss Army knife, pants were those adaptable shorts/pants that zip off, a small Memo book graced my hand adorned with quick sketches and note about epiphytes and so on. OH- I wore a polyester tie dye fitted button-down shirt too.

One year ago: Grad school- keeping busy there while working as an in-home family therapist intern. I had just begun knitting my first sweater, a gift for DH's Septemeber 26th birthday.

Yesterday: What did I do yesterday? Oh- about 6 hours of work, I was so tired! And went to the Blue Nile with DH to celebrate a friend's birthday with a big batch of other friends. Let me tell you how I got there. I was coming from 394 towards the city and thought, oh, let's take Hiawatha, then travel over to the area where I thought the place was located. So I finally got near Uptown and received a call from DH asking where I was. Well I was on the wrong part of Franklin. Fortunately he was able to re-maneuver make back to where I needed to be, and was calmed down by DH following my too-frequent getting lost due-to-being-creative experiences.

Five snacks:
-----------------------------------
Bolthouse Farms Short-cut Carrots. I have been trying to eat them instead of chocolate or candy. And it is mostly working.
Gummy worms
Goat, and swiss cheese
Pizzeles ('cause we still have some left)
Apple or bell pepper (my favorite)

Five songs I know all the words to:
------------------------------------------------
Lots of songs- just turn on the radio
Gwen Stefani's LAMB, Over the Rhine, Superchick, Barlow Girls

Five things I would do with $100 million:
-------------------------------------------
Buy the yarn for a sweater I want to make
Buy DH the IPOD family of techno things
Dh says there's a lot of money left over still so,
Scions for all my close friends
Buy a summer home in Tuscany with a nice view, a garden plaza, alpaca farm, lake, a horse
A few million for the not yet conceived children we plan to have someday
Then donate all the left over- like 90 million- like a million to 90 different charities of my choice- that would be fun

Five places to run away to:
-----------------------------------
Well, I can only run for about 20 minutes max without wussing out, so that would get me to Caribou or Starbucks
Otherwise, Brisbane and Queensland Australia
Monteverde in Costa Rica
The Collinette yarn making place in Europe
Tuscany
Sweden- then Denmark

Five things I would never wear:
----------------------------------

Fur from animals that lived once
Pants that are rolled or pinned on the bottom
The brands Sag Harbor or Alfred Dunner
That's about it- I am adventurous fashion-wise with bold colors, prints and textures


Five favorite tv shows:
----------------------------
Crafters Coast to Coast knitting segments
Kim Possible
Dr. Phil (I gotta watch it for "work")
Home decorating shows
Agility competitions with corgis

Five biggest joys:
----------------------------------------
My husband- the love of my life who takes really good care of me and helps me sort myself out when I need it. He's also a wonderful sous chef/cook. Buster and Genevieve. Family and friends. Learning to knit. Being able to run more than a block. That's an accomplishment not a "joy."

Favorite toys:
-----------------------------------------
Koala
Sewing things like plastic canvas, knitting spool, art supplies
Fisher Price microscope
Make and Do Childcraft encyclopedia
dogs- real and toys

No comments: