Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Leaf socks


Leaf socks
Originally uploaded by CorgiMom.
My socks are resting on my internship manual. Does anyone know whose

picture is on the cover of the book? Lisa perhaps?



I am trying to match the colors this time. I hope I have enough yarn to

do it. I think I am knitting this one tighter than the first, also. So

far I am quite happy with the color matching. This has been pretty much

the only knitting I've been working on. I did a few rows on my new

green capelet from Target, and I also knit about 3 inches on my Mom's

sweater. Her project stays at her house, and I knit it when I am over

there.



DH surprised me on Saturday night. I was holding onto the only copy of

Vogue Knitting in the store, the last copy, and he nonchalantly slipped

it away from under my arm. Later I saw him pay for it himself. It was

really sweet. There are too many patterns I want to knit from the

magazine for me to not buy it.



We have still been running, and I can feel that I am getting much

better at it. I can nearly run for 20 minutes now. There will always be

a few walking times, like when the dogs have to stop to do their

business, but I am quite pleased with being able to run more than half

a block before walking.



In jobland- I have been keeping busy. Yesterday I left the house at 9am

and returned at 8:45pm. I did some knitting in the morning so I didn't

actually start doing work till after noon, but once I started I kept on

going. I have had to learn how to schedule time with my husband- like a

full evening's worth, otherwise I am pretty much falling asleep on the

couch by the time we are together.



I am thinking about going to knitting tonight, we'll have to see. I

have an appt. that might get done at 6:30pm, or slightly earlier. The

rate I am going on my sock I could finish it in about a week and a half

if I work at it. I cast on for the second sock last Tuesday, after

kitchnering the toe of the first.



OH- and my classes are done. I have a one page reflections on small

group supervision paper to write- that'll take about an hour, an oral

exam to schedule, and doubles (direct supervision) to do, and I'm done.

1 comment:

- LisaD. said...

By any chance, could it be Alfred Adler (1870-1937)?????

Love the socks! I am inspired to start socks again.