Wednesday, September 28, 2005

You have 17 messages...

Oops! That was all I had to say when I heard this on my cell phone today. And double oops as most of them were work-related!

Today I felt like my left hip was vibrating all day. Just that side since that is where I put my pager on my jeans pocket. After awhile it felt like it was vibrating just 'cause I was getting used to it- I didn't notice it NOT going off.

I specifically carved out time in my day for Stitch N Bitch in Eden Prairie from 10-12. When it was 10:45 I was wondering Where the Heck is everyone?! Then, I found Ann, another knitter led astray under false pretenses that we were going to knit at this Dunn Bros. I went to my google mail and gave our SnB leader a ring on her cell. WOW! There are three knitters, herself included at the OTHER Dunn Bros. Well, I stayed where I was, but was dissapointed that I wasn't with the whole group. It was a fragmented SnB!

After this I got a page; my timesheet wasn't in and it was overdue. I had faxed it at 9:30- but it didn't get there. This page was received in the 25 min. that I had to shop at Kohl's for a wedding this Saturday in the UP of MI. Back at my car I realized I didn't have my papers that I absolutely needed for my appt. So I went back to my "satellite office" Troy's desk, re-faxed one set of things, used my flash drive to make more copies of my papers, then hustled off to my appt.

Fast Forward...after lots of help and searching I found an outfit to wear to the upcoming wedding. It is trendy, camisole, shrug, beaded "fluffy" skirt, "beauty and the geek earrings" and a "gypsy" gold necklace. Everything I bought was on sale- I saved 50 some dollars according to the sales lady. What I didn't mention was that I also spent 75. So, I could have saved 75 by not shopping, or would I have saved 125 dollars, since 50+75=125?

And yes, there has been a trifle of knitting. I have no idea what project should come along in the LONG car ride- the sock would render me carsick in about 5 minutes if I tried to knit that along the way (I know from experience). Perhaps the capelets...though I would really like to be knitting a sweater!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed you yesterday! And you missed seeing my Jayne Cobb hat! :-)