Thursday, September 08, 2005

Yesterday's hectic day

Whew! I just slept in to recover from yesterday. I had three appointments scheduled, and each is supposed to be 1 1/2-2 hourslong or so. I got lost on the first one, and it took me about 45 min to get there instead of 15 min. Then- there was no one home. So I got back on the nearest freeway and decided that I may as well drop off my thesis copies at school. While in the school parking lot I got a call and rescheduled that earlier missed appt. I was almost late to that though, and sort of got a little lost coming from a new direction. Yikes.

Then, I got there, had that appt. and continued my day. I made it to my second appt.- did that, then went to get some dinner. While I was using the facilities there I nearly dropped my pager in the toilet. It fell out of it's clip-on case and landed 2 inches from the toilet! Close call. I hurriedly ate, wondering if I even had time to eat before getting to my next appt.

I made it on time there. Did my appt. Went to my car, and looked for my keys. Not in my bag, not in my pocket, not in my purse, do you like green eggs and ham ? (I just had to add the Dr. Seuss reference). There they were, sitting on my passenger seat with a map on top of them. Through a series of attempts including called AAA to get them out as a back up, I was able to retrieve them when someone put there arm done my partially but hardly open window and unlocked the door. Awesome.

Then, I was off to my house, to chill out. I did a little knitting on my sock. I think about 3 rounds, so I have picked up the two sides of stitches and am working on the instep leaf lace pattern. I am loving this pattern. It is challenging enough to keep me intrigued, yet not so difficult that I want to toss it aside (like I wanted to do with my shawl a few times). Knitting really does build character, like patience and persistence, and then confidence and courage if you can figure out how to knit a challenging thing.

Today I just have a 4pm appt. I think I can handle that. I do still want a Scion, though. DH was excited to show me the new Nano Ipod or something like that. And also that the Scion has an option for IPOD capabilities. He had forgotten that I was the one who showed that to him Saturday when I was designing my own Scion and included that feature in the print-out just for him. :)

No comments: