Monday, September 12, 2005

For the budget knitter- that's me. Clearance time at Target!

I was in the school supply section, wandering around in the hopelessly

ransacked area in search of some file folders to match my others to use

for my work. In the Eden Prairie Target I found my new job

organizational system. A grey or silver zip-up portfolio to store the

small parts of client files- like the to-do-list stuff, and some

coordinating file folders for that purpose.



Just a minute, I heard a thud in the bedroom. I went in and there was

Genevieve- on the bed like she's not supposed to be, about to cross my

night stand for presumably the Lilo and Stitch kleenex box. What

trouble! I picked her up- telling her "no!" and then dropped my

clock/radio. My clock radio will not be quite the same now; I think the

radio will be on forever.



Anyway, back to the post. I picked up this capelet in a box kit, and

debated over whether or not I could buy it. You see, I bought the

Knitting Stitch Bible when I had a coupon at Borders and it was more

than 20 dollars. I bought it so I could design my own stuff. I thought

that little book would be the key to using my imagination and knitting

together concurrently to result in an amazing sweater or something.

Well, when I bought the book I realized that was my yarn money too- so

now I have the book, but not the money to buy the yarn to use the book

to design my own clothes. So I have been working on my sock instead.



OH- but I decided to buy the capelet kit, saddened by the lack of my

coordinating file folders at the St. Paul Target ( I've been to the

Woodbury, Shoreview, St. Louis Park, and then the St. Paul Target to

look for them). I thought I might have enough on my Target giftcard

from my parents from Christmas. I did. Enough for some money leftover

after buying this and some PB M&M's. As I pulled out of Target, I

called my Mom and thanked her for buying me a capelet. She was a little

confused at first, but then I explained it to her. Sweet- another new

project. The problem is that I really want to be knitting a sweater. I

think it would help me psychologically prepare for the impending season

change from summer-to fall-to winter. Nevermind the fact that I already

have 2 other beautiful hand-knit sweaters that were finished on the

cusp of warm weather (thus leaving little time to enjoy their cozy

warmth, but lots of time to roast in them 'cause I just had to wear

them anyway! )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Are you going to knit or crochet it?

Corgimom said...

It looks like crochet- but it's actually knit. I started casting on today for the first of two pieces of it. Then they get seamed up together at the sides.

Corgimom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.