Sunday, May 01, 2005

May I be excused, my brain is full.

Whew. What a whirlwind of a weekend. Thursday evening I saw Miss Congeniality 2 with Elzbieta. It was pretty fun, full of fashion designer name-dropping and trendy clothes. The longer I sat in the theater though, the colder I felt. The next morning I had to cancel an important meeting since I woke up feeling awful. I knew I had a whole weekend of class to look forward to and decided to sleep most of the day. I didn't knit at all, that's how icky I felt. Fortunately dh was a dear and took the little weasel to work so I only had to watch over Buster who attended to my needs by sleeping under my bed.

Now, after a Friday evening, full Saturday and a full enough Sunday worth of class I am home and vegging. I have plenty of things to do for tomorrow but it's time to relax, watch tv/movies/ and of course, knit till I fall asleep.

This morning I was a little out of it and found myself driving past IKEA instead of school- on my way to school. Ooops. I chalked it up as a "Freudian slip" which is not at all the type of psychological view that I hold to, but one that nearly everyone is familiar with. I am not Freudian. I am Adlerian. Freud and Adler were in the same crowd for awhile till Adler found Freud to be too deterministic. Ok- I think I'll go knit now before Adlerian lecture 101...I do have to say with great joy that this was my last FULL WEEKEND of classes! I will have 3 more Saturdays of class, 2 Fridays, and 4 Thursdays before I acheive doneness.

Oh- and next weekend is the Sheep and Wool fest!

3 comments:

- LisaD. said...

I'm adlerian too! Adler and Dreikurs ....my self-help guru's.

Corgimom said...

My instructor is Adlerian trained- he, like Adler, is very gentle in asking therapeutic questions. Dreikurs was more forceful and didn't mince words. What are your favorite self-help books?

- LisaD. said...

Currently, I am reading Family First (Yes, Dr. McGraw)but I always keep Jane Nelsen close at hand (largely based on Adlers and Dreikurs philosophies and teachings)to deal with my growing childrens' positive discipline needs. Myy favorite self help book you ask? hmmmmm ..."Love is a choice". Hemfelt, Minirth and Meier......for sentimental reasons.