Well, it was a long night. Meleah slaved away upstairs on her research paper, and I tackled the kitchen. The first task was easy - oil up our nice long Varde countertop. No sweat. The second task was similarly easy - put up the doors on the cabinets.
But wait, maybe it's not so simple. Since the cabinets are up against the ceiling, the doors cannot raise as far as they would otherwise, which means they can't go up high enough to get those blasted hydraulic lift thingies on there - and believe me, I tried. For like, a half hour. Finally I gave up and just moved them down a notch, so the door only opens to about a 75 degree angle instead of 110 or so for the ones below. No big.
Lastly was the pantry. That was kinda tricky, as it involved templates and drilling and hoping that things lined up. They did! And it looks way cool. And we've already got a bunch of food in there, and it's so easy to get to. Yay.
Now we're off to bed.