Wednesday, January 05, 2005

purple sweater turmoil

On New Year's eve I started knitting my purple sweater. My friend Leslie made that my knitting goal to start it before the New Year. If you think about it, why does everyone wait till January 1st each year to plan to change their life? If a person is really going to do something big why not just start it right away? Like, when the inspiration (or conviction) hits? I think it might actually be self-defeating to only make decisions/resolutions/whatever you want to call it on said date. If you think about it some more, imagine you make a big decision to change your life for the better. You think this might be a good "New Year's Resolution" so you hold onto it...for 364 days, until the next New Year's. In all actuality, had you made the change when you thought about it first you could have gotten a head start and be experiencing the benefits already.

So why wait till New Year's for a better you. The time is now. Make some goals, and get workin' 'cause there's no time like the present.

The sweater. I knit my 5 inches in the brioche rib, and it was way to wide for me. So I pondered my dilemma for days, and tried doing things differently, and all that. I waited till the knitting clinic at the Yarnery, where this nice lady named Pat and I put our brains together to recognize that I had been doing it right all along. The problem was that I needed to use smaller needles instead. So now, having recognized the solution am 3 inches along in my sweater. I will post pictures it later, my camera is not around me currently. I am typing at my husband's workplace now. I rode along with him this morning, mall-walked Eden Prairie Center till 9:30, then went to Dunn Bros. and knitted till noon with a SnB group. A Quizno's turkey bacon guacamole sandwich , and Home Depot countertop and sink-shopping later, I am sitting here typing overlooking 494 while eating Reese's Pieces from a Dilbert dispenser. You know the one where you click his computer mouse and he types while candy comes down the chute.

No comments: