Friday, January 07, 2005

I promised this pic long ago

And it is now here.

I know you won't be able to believe this, but I made the "Knitting Corgis have bling-bling" poster all by myself. No, I didn't just sit down and whip this out. I was studying art therapy at the time, and a fellow friend had just led us in an art activity about 9/11. Uff, I thought. What a downer. Then, to contrast that activity we did a more optimistic/fun piece. Well, I did anyway. Having just visited the spectrum of depressing world tragedies I jumped rather abruptly to cartoon/make believe land. Suddenly, pembroke corgis with tails were seen sporting circular needles. It was like an SnB for corgis, all with the ultimate purpose of knitting a sweater for dh, Troy. I thought for a moment. If the corgis could knit sweaters, then why couldn't I? And now I am working on my second sweater. The corgis gave me the courage and the motivation to try something new and challenge myself.

No comments: