Sunday, January 09, 2005

Been busy making puppets, and frittata

Troy made a version of Rachel Ray's BLT Frittata. It was delicious. We used eggs, red bell pepper and onion stir-fry vegies, cilantro, sun-dried tomatos, and bacon to create this tasty masterpiece.

Yesterday with the exception of attending a Pampered Chef party and having our own pantry clean-out party I made "stick puppets" for kindergarten Sunday School at church. I drew the characters from pictures in a book, and then used my watercolor crayons to add color. DH was enlisted to make them sturdy, so he sat in the living room cutting our pop can boxes, and even sacrificed his Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer box to the cause of stick puppets. With all the work involved I was pretty excited about how they turned out.

Then, this morning I was getting ready to bring them to church, and alas, they weren't there. They were sitting at home on the dining room table still. I could hae cried, thinking about all the hours I spent on them and how I wanted them to be used and appreciated. So, DH that he is, he drove home 20min. drive to get them, bring them to church, and meet me there. He saved the day, and my puppets have been selected for lamination, so they will last forever.

1 comment:

CorgiDad said...

Yes, I did sacrifice my Kitchen Aid box, but it wasn't really all that traumatic since my wonderful Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer will never ever ever be out of our kitchen. It rocks.