Monday, January 17, 2005

the hard drive crashed

On Wednesday evening, forcing a shut-done to my computer fun. Now, I don't know what is going on with the PC, that's Troy's forte not mine, but I do have access to my e-mail so that is good.

The hard drive seems to crash at the point at which all my bookmarks are perfectly organized. Last year this happened, and I had just made all nice little folders for them, and they were just right. Well, this time I had the bookmarks all organized and all, plus, I had organized and located all types of research articles for my current class, Principles of Research. The moral of the story is, don't try to organize your stuff or it will find a way to un-organize itself.

Breaking news. On Thursday Troy and I selected our first dishwasher together at Sears. And it is a stainless steel Kitchen Aid model. OOOH, stainless steel. I tell ya, our kitchen is going to uber chic, and all the things that we make in there will be Yumm-o. I have to confess a recent obsession for all things Rachel Ray, like her 30 min meals show. I can recite the intro to that show. "Hi. I' Rachel Ray and I make 30 minute meals. That means that in the time it takes you to watch this show I will have made a delicious, and healthy meal from start to finish..." and then she jumps into her meun for the day. Everything she makes is, "Yumm-o". That leads me to want to make things that are "yumm-o" too. Which is hard to do when the kitchen consists of a fridge, a stove, and an itty bitty removable cabinet. But I am so ready for this kitchen re-do!

I almost went knitting tonight. Like all students, I was included in having MLK day off from classes. I considered the toasty perfect hot chocolate that I have been missing from Nina's coffeehouse, and then immediately considered how un-fabulous I would feel trotting through the arctic while having a sniffley nose and watery eyes. At that point I thought, no way. I am going to stay in and stay warm tonight.


No comments: