Wednesday, January 05, 2005

How many IKEA names do you know?

I started my research class on Monday night, and thought a Caribou drink was the ticket to high functioning (aka class participation points) so I had my fave, the light white berry with raspberry syrup. It was delicious as always. At Caribou I also had the fortune of meeting up with my dear friend Leslie rather spontaneously. That all was cool, and I survived class night #1.

However, at home, later, in bed the caffeine re-activated. Suddenly I was spouting off names of IKEA products to my DH Dear husband. I thought he could help me in playing "name that product". For instance, IKEA shoppers, when you think "Forhoja" what image pops up in your brain? It's true IKEAspeak is a rather foreign language to most. Or for Chele (a blog-friend) "Lack" or "Akurum"? So you can imagine how this night went. Worst of all, is that I couldn't get up the desire to leave the warm bed to go check the IKEA catalog which was in another room to alleviate my curiousity and settle down my memory re: "the thing the spice rack hangs on".

Do you know the name of it ?

It is called this. The next time I think of that thing, I will just try to use a mnemonic device and think "grunt-all". That ought to work, don't ya think?

So, lastly, a line of IKEAspeak-

akurumvardegrundtalforhojalysvikburkenordningbastantmagasinpronomen

Guess how many products, or names make up that list?

The answer will come tomorrow.

No comments: