Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yesterday I had another...

I felt deceptive- canceling my work to have a second interview at a different workplace. I felt even worse about not getting my real job's work done on time for the Monday noon payroll. But now, both are done. And I can rest- till I work from 10-2 today.

The second interview was GRUELLING! I was in a room with four new supervisors that I hadn't met before, and the one that I had met. All the strangers carried on the interview, with the familiar one interjecting every now and then. My brain felt like mush- not just because it was stressful to be at such a place and know that this interview would seal or dismiss me from working for this place. YIKES! And to have it on Monday morning after canoeing down the river when my brain and body were spent- double trouble. At this point- I can hope, and pray that I get the job.

After the interview I went to Rosedale and scored some great deals on a pink knit sweater for under 4 dollars, black shiny 3/4 length pants, 2 pairs of dangly "Beauty and the Geek" earrings, and a shiny silver pearl-like necklace. I also went to Borealis Yarns and bought a longer circular needle for my shawl. And ripped back more rows to get things back to the right track.

Tomorrow I am going to KS for a few days with my mom to visit my bro. I am looking forward to it, but am also nervous that I will get a call about the job while I'm out there. I should be expecting to hear from them at the end of this week. That is the same thing they said when I had my last interview- then had the second interview the following monday. AH- I'm freaking out!!! I'd better go knit my way to wellness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, I hope you get the new job! Have fun in Kansas:)

- LisaD. said...

Awesome blog post. Tag-team interviews suck. I am sure you were great.