Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm supposed to be working on my thesis outline, but...

The button that switches our operating system from MAC to Windows isn't doing its job. That means I do not have access to MS Word. Too bad...I think I will blog instead. That's writing, so it counts right?

Well, I know it won't get me any further along on my corporal punishment and children paper, but this is better anyway. Tonight DH and I are going to see our last play of the Guthrie Lab's season ticketholders series. It is "A Body of Water". It sounds very abstract, which we like. This time I plan to take advantage of the informality of the Lab by bringing a Caribou drink and candy. As far as I know this is the only theater that lets you bring drinks and treats into the auditorium, and enjoy them during the show. I have always intended to bring along some goodies, but it never quite happened. So instead I would covet other peoples' coffee drinks and start craving their candy. Not tonight. It will be different tonight. I also will be wearing my black and silver metal capelet while indulging in a Lite White Berry and the candy of my choice. Sounds good to me!

I started my Mom's sweater, and wasn't getting gauge with the Canadian needles. The pattern said it would be 11 sts/4 inches with the 7.5 mm needles. My gauge was 14 sts/4 inches. Then I looked at the online write-up for purchasing the kit- and on it was listed the gauge that I kept getting. So I ran with it, and have knitted with all 3 types of the 3 yarns thus far, and done about 10 rows I think. I also think it will go pretty fast for a sweater since the main needles are nearly size 11 US. That is sweet and fine with me- and fine with my Mom! She confessed if it's done before her December birthday that she *might* request to wear it for a family picture. Might as in- she will ask for it when it's done.

Well, Lisa, I put up a hint to go along with the "Most Beautiful Sink" picture. I know it isn't extremely easy to guess it's location so I offered some more information. Feel free to put in your guesses. The winner gets a skein of Patons Divine mohair in orangina.

Everyone have a happy 4th of July- and a great weekend. This MN weather is perfect today. Sunny and warm. My corgis were sunning themselves on our garden deck. They even turned over to their other side when they felt they were "done to perfection". Cute stuff.

1 comment:

Eva Stewart said...

Well, it actually good to go out from time to time while working on thesis or dissertation writing. That way, you can refresh the mind and body that are being stress while on dissertation writing. And the good part is that you can spend time with your love ones that is sometimes being consumed by writing.