Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hot hot days

The knitters picnic was great. Thanks to tipper for her highly skilled planning for all the picnic elements. It was great to meet other knitters, and you should have been there if you missed it- it was a rare chance to see all kinds of knitting happening in a park. What a wonderful sight! I didn't knit there, though. I was there frogging. Yep- ripping out knitting from the bottom (a tedious process) of my halter and I didn't knit a stitch while I was there. I did win handmade beaded stitch markers, though. They are very pretty, maybe I will have to use them by making some type of lacy shawl sometime.

It's been in the nineties since Sunday, and it's supposed to continue through the week. I'm glad we got central ac this summer!

Since the halter completion I have been knitting on mancala mia. It's a felted version of a mancala "game board".

I had a great time chatting at Cafe Amore with La Nena while meeting to give her the prize she won on the Knitting Corgis contest. We even knit together!

I also had a fun time at the dog park with Beth and DD, and the sum of our three dogs. Her dog's name is Tumbleweed, which always makes me laugh. DD, Beth's daughter shared freeze-dried strawberries and bananas with my Weasel pop. It was really cute.

Well, it's off to school-related activities today for once. I plan to work on my thesis with some knitting breaks of course. I'd planned to do the same thing yesterday and ended up helping a friend paint her vintage kitchen with zillions of nooks and crannies that were unwilling to accommodate the broad paint spread that a paint roller would provide. Thus we did most of our painting with brushes. She painted it California Poppy- a bright red intended to match her red Kitchen Aid stand mixer, and numerous authentic vintage red pieces.

No comments: