Friday, July 29, 2005

The story

While in KS, I intended to post last night, the one night I had internet access, but couldn't remember my password. I emailed it to myself last night, but was too fatigued from going for a 30 min run in the morning and another shorter run in the evening with my running bro on the popular and trendy Mass St. in Lawrence, KS. Imagine flying by meandering people slowly making their way to their dinner places of choice on a perfect temperatured evening. It was nice. We were on the move to get to Pochi, the bubble tea place. I love bubble tea. Mostly without the bubbles- tapioca pearls. I like the coconut jelly instead. I had a passionfruit guava bubble tea smoothie with jelly. My bro is so great- we sampled each others' drinks, and I ate a lot of his tapioca pearls since they were so good. That's what a good brother does. He shares his limited supply of tapioca pearls with his one older sister.


Well, the story. I should not make everyone wonder was that Margarita drank for consolation or celebration!?!


I was in a hole in the wall furniture store, one of those ultra discount kinds that is off the beaten path. The phone rang. It was 5:20pm. I had decided that I would hear about my job on Friday. Once 5pm came I breathed a sigh of relief. Tomorrow I will know. But the phone rang. I must say that my phone rang with the same ringtone on Wed. evening when we were in transit to KC. I panicked, and took a deep breath. The voice on the other line was that of my brother. Ahh.


But it rang on Thursday night. I was looking at mattresses with my Mom and bro in this stuffy humid store. I looked around. Both my Mom and brother were within my sight, oh dear. oh no. Freak out moment. The phone was ringing. I put on my confident and hopeful voice. It was The Place, I heard The Voice of the First Interviewer. "How are you doing?" I was asked. (Freak out some more, how do I know how I'm doing when I don't know the News yet!) "Ok" I said. Hoping to sound honest, and not too eager, but still hopeful. "How are you doing?" I asked in my most courteous obligatory and hopeful fashion...


Fast forward...I'm calling to present you with an offer...(by now I am yelling happy things and ecstatic things in my head) and frantically searching my purse for some piece of paper to write stuff down on about the offer. I found one option, my coffeecard from Nina's in St. Paul from a SnB that I used to attend. So, I filled the back of that, making all sorts of notes. The offer was much better than I'd hoped for, and I was asked if I needed to think about it before accepting it. No way! I really want/wanted this job! I'd even dreamt that got the job on Tuesday evening which heightened my anxiety about it!


So Yayayayayayayayayayay! Anyone want to help me celebrate???!!!! I'm available until I start working fulltime...


OH- did I mention that I did some outrageous bargain shopping on the trip too! Well I did. So if you see me anytime soon I'll probably be wearing something new. That was on sale in a big way. I even got an Izod button-down Fair Isle sweater for 3 dollars! Unbelievable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! Congrats! When do you start? Let's celebrate this week at SnB!

renee said...

Congratulations!! You must feel great to get a position you really wanted.

Corgimom said...

I might be starting Wednesday- they didn't have a start date for me yet.

Kelle said...

Oh, great news, I'm happy for you.

- LisaD. said...

Oh Yippee! Hooray! I hate it when people say "I told You so." But,.....I did ya know. Congrats!

Tipper said...

Congratulations! :)

You're starting on my birthday, too. A doubly-happy day.