I have been hooked on Dogs Steal Yarn for a long time, see sidebar to visit this rockin' blog. So when its creator invited brave bloggers to be interviewed I thought...hmmm...dare I? Well, I dared. I figured it would be a fun, mind boggling experience, and indeed, it did not dissapoint:)
Here ya go...all you blog readers dangling in the suspense of the moment. And might I add this is a welcome respite from the "regurgitate your learning sessions" aka writing papers for class to get a degree that will be ALL MINE soon!
So here are my five questions... with answers
1. Congratulations! You’ve won that $100 drawing on KnitPicks. What do you buy with it?
Wow. I've won a scrapbooking 30 second shopping spree, but I've never visited KnitPicks. I just visited KnitPicks. Where is the Colinette yarn? Hmm. Can I get the cute and saucy llamas from the front page? I would select Merino Style in asparagus, cornflower and harvest, get the book that tells me how to make gloves with sock yarn, Elegance in wild rose, Knitter's Little Helper Hand Cream- I've tried it, it's cool and it works, Interweave's and Wiseman's two books on finishing techniques, circular needles, and more dpn's. Hmm. I think I went over budget!
2. Can you think of anything funnier than a herd of corgis running? (I can’t...okay...so maybe a herd of dachshunds...) What’s the funniest dog story you’ve got?
I was in bed "sleeping", and my husband had left for work. I heard the front door open and someone barrel up the stairs towards the bed room. I got out of bed to see what was up, and I noticed that the front door was just about to close. My husband had came back for his cell phone. I asked him where Buster went. He didn't know. We both searched all over the house for him, under the bed, in each room, and called his name. I stood on our front steps in a Victoria Secret tank top and capri pants while calling his name. I looked around and was convinced that he had run outside while the door was still open. We couldn't find him anywhere and he wasn't responded to his name being called. Then I went to my walk-in closet and opened the door, and out burst Buster with his ears back, his eyes wide as saucers, and his delirious I'm so happy to see you! face on. He ran at us, and I could not stop laughing with joy and at his crazy antics. You'd think he would have been narking or scratching at the door, but I must have had a nice comfy pile of clothes on the floor for him to enjoy (Mom- don't read that part. Really my closet is always organized!).
It's also cute when he howls, and when he is po-go dog when his little head pops up above the windowsill as I leave our house.
3. Fill in the blank. “If someone told me ten years ago that I’d be doing ...... today, I would have laughed my ass off.”
Well, 10 years ago I would have been 15. I never in my wildest dreams thought I could belong to a two dog household. Genevieve is coming in a week! I didn't think I'd cook gourmet meals or have a zester, either. I especially didn't think I'd almost have a Master's degree! Oh, wait. I didn't expect to have my own blog or to have knit nearly 2 sweaters. That last one is probably the craziest to me.
4. You can have one room of a house entirely for yourself. It doesn’t have to be your house, or a house that actually exists. What does the room look like, what do you put in it, and what will you do there?
It'd be a spacious sun room in a sunny place (not MN!) . It would be filled with flowering ginger, hibiscus, frangipani, orchids, everything luscious. It would be my own arboretum and I'd have a big koi pond, a japanese garden, and original sculptures by Loet VanderVeen. It would have comfy seating and I would knit, have parties, and do whatever I wanted there!
5. What does the smell of fresh-cut grass remind you of? How about the smell of frying eggs?
Fresh cut grass reminds me of the days that I wore grass perfume purchased at Nordstrom by Smell This! and when I used to take English riding lessons. Ohh, to ride a horse again. When I smell frying eggs I think of Rachel Ray and her Green Ranch Hand Eggs, and how my husband and I cook together and for each other.
Now that you see how fun this is it's your turn!
Here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions