Monday, December 27, 2004

A Fabulous b-day, Christmas, and sweater time!

As you can see in the pic, I had a lovely B-day. I woke on Wed. planning to work on Troy's sweater, some work documentation, and other in-progress Christmas gifts. I noticed a sunnyness in the room, and the time on my cell/alarm clock! Troy- you are going ot be late for work! You'd better jump in the shower! Nonchalantly he left the room briefly, returning to crawl back into bed...and tell me that he took the day off for my birthday!!!

Sweet, I thought. Oops- that means I won't get my stuff done. OH- I wasn't supposed to get my stuff done on my birthday!

We visited Brueggers- herby turkey for me- and petmsmart with Buster to do his Christmas shopping. C'mon, when your dog's this cute, how could you not shop for him?!

We did all this while listening to my new car cd player/radio. My last one had long since gotten stuck on one radio station. It seemed like one day I entered my car and all the buttons but two ceased to function. I resolved myself to only listening to cds (in the order of the tracks mind you), and decided to deal with it like an adult. But was I ever surprised when I entered Electra - my Neon- and noticed a change in my car. The spot where the cd face went didn't look quite the same. That's 'cause it wasn't. And was I ever excited about that!

Fast forward through my b-day- my husband surprised me when his arm looped through mine led me to a super chic blue/silver/modern/and...Aveda salon spa, where I was to "endure" an hour-long massage. I eagerly signed my life away, as well as the hour that was blissful and made me look dreamy to the skilled massage therapist named Emily. I would reccomend her, she was really good. Deep massage, yet I didn't bruise this time. Plus, there's that yummy Aveda tea with the natural sweetener in it.

Later- when my flowers- Thanks Mom and Dad! came, I delighted in their gerbera daisy, iris, and lily beauty. This day commenced with a tasty but chilly dinner at Christos in St. Paul- 60 degrees or less (I saw the thermometer on my way out). And of course, time to eat Coldstone Creamery ice cream cake and open more gifts. What a treat- the whole day was wonderful! Thanks everyone who helped make it extra special!

No comments: