Sunday, October 31, 2004

Yesterday I met an inspiration

I was in the Yarnery on Grand, and not only did I run into the preschool teacher for stressed kids from Lifetrack Resources in St. Paul whom I volunteered with through Free Arts- she's really cool and has tons of skills working with those children- plus she wrote a wonderful book for stressed kids.-but I also ran into the host of this tv show or which we have a TIVO season's pass. I looked at her, and thought she really looks like...and then I had to ask her are you who I think you are? She was ultra-friendly, and I asked her if she'd made the beautiful evergreen, brick red, and other fall colors poncho that she was wearing. Indeed she had, while on an airplane. I'm glad they didn't take her knitting needles away!
I proceeded to tell her that I am making a sweater for my husband, and she told me about her first knitted sweater. She hadn't blocked it when it was done, so it fit all funny. Later in her life she learned about blocking, and she made it fit just right, so now she loves it! I really can't tell you how ecstatic I was to meet her- I just wanted to follow her around for all her fabulous gardening, decorating, cooking, and *now* knitting advice. I wanted to say, "will you come knit with me in my house?" Next to meeting Dr. Phil and Robin (which I will do someday!) she was *the* celebrity that totally inspires me!

No comments: