Friday, October 22, 2004

MIA@ SNB

The blogger program was being pokier than the Poky puppy, and there's a lot of ground to cover in the following post- so it's a long one.

Monday night I went on a double date to Linden Hill's Rice Paper Asian Fusion restaurant. Like the reviews stated, the tofu puffs are really good and tasty, as is the tamarind rice trio. And anywhere I can get Thai coffee- I do. It's sweet and yummy.
I've been a non-blogger as of late. That's due to the 2 papers I referenced in my last post. The were turned in this past Tuesday night, a day in advance of their due date. I'm so glad they're done. Then, I experienced the adrenaline fade-out, or more precisely stated, crash. Last night I succumbed to a nasty cold and fell asleep watching "The Prince and Me". With Julia Stiles and a prince. It was the typical chick flick.

Today I went on a coffeedate with my friend Leslie. We visited the Highland Park ultra-democratic Bean Factory. I drank a delightful mexican spiced mocha (Elizabethan you need to go there, preferably with me:)and inspired jealousy as a 5 year-old girl coveted my "Dr. Seuss" green/pink/blue felted slippers" and one mitten (see the pic on the blog). I was happy that her mother offered to teach her daughter to knit, and reassured her that she could get her own knitting needles. She seemed quite pleased at that prospect. OOH- I'm realizing how fun it is to write bloggy- not writing a paper. I have nothing about reading texts for class and researching, but when it comes time to write the papers and condense all the materials together I experience more pleasure washing the dishes than typing. I did decide that the end result of writing all these papers should be my focus- as I'd rather be a therapist who doesn't really write papers against his or her will than a professional hand-washer of dishes. Reassuring, eh?

Speaking of cats- while I was in the depths of writing a paper on Monday morning I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't Buster. I looked out the window and the neighbor's cat was perched upon the tallest peak of their roof (their house is considerably lower than ours, but not one of those built-into-the ground types, it's normal) was their fluffy (or fat) black cat. It looked to be mocking Buster, as it was free outside, doing the cat-thing of whatever it wants, whenever it wants. I was also reassured of the safety of the local racoons, squirrels, etc. when I noticed they had a chimney cap- to keep the critters from moving into a smoky environment. Good animal safety practices are strongly endorsed by me. I even stop when squirrels get distracted mid-street to let them make up their minds about which side they want to be on.

Hey, does anyone want some kittens or one? My husband's parents noticed their cat Maynard had a hard belly. Soon there were kittens. Let me know if you want one. I want to be a copycat today. I am following chele's lead and doing listy stuff ( I really have been missing the blog thing!)

Here's the list: shortened a little, hers was too long for me to do-
First
First job: PetSmart cashier,floor sales, fish/bird section, and dog obedience instructor
First pet: Herman, the window-well toad in Lamberton, MN
First piercing: ears twice- once the hole closed up after a traumatic time of getting the earring back stuck in my ear, then re-pierced about 3 or 4 years later
First tattoo: uhuh- no way
First credit card: the Limited? I can't remember...
First kiss: at Northwestern College at someone's wedding, I think I was in 9th grade?

Last
Last car ride: home from Borealis Yarn and the Bean Factory coffeehouse
Last book read: "Franny B. Kranny, There's a Bird in Your Hair" for kids, but highly recommended
Last movie watched: The Prince and I - last Friday night
Last movie watched in a theatre: Napoleon Dynamite - it was funny
Last beverage drank: Lemonade, preceded by a Mexican spiced mocha
Last food consumed: soft taco with marinated chicken, cheese, sour cream, rice, and tomatoes made in the microwave
Last phone call: work-related
Last time showered: at 8:50 this am
Last CD played: One Moment More, by Mindy Smith (we're going to see her at the Fine Line this Saturday)
Last website visited: cheleblog.netfirms.com (she started the list idea)

Now
Single or Married: happily married
Gender: female
Birthday: December 22
Sign: I like the ones in Australia for wombat crossings
Hair color: brown/blondish
Eye color: navy/cobalyt blue (yes, it's natural)
Shoe size: 9
Height: 5' 10"
Wearing: boatneck Jones New York fuschia and orange stripes long sleeve tee, dark navy J Crew hipslung tall jeans, and tan socks with brown paw-prints on them
Thinking about: knitting Troy's sleeves, and needing to do work documentation, and how long it will take to post this with a poky blogger
Listening to: the PC's hard drive and monitor's buzzing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like a mexican mocha and a kitten please! :)

chele said...

well, it's about time you posted again! :-)
we miss you on Monday nights. are you coming next week?

Corgimom said...

Chele- I'll be there at 6:15 or so on Monday. I am looking forward to it.