Friday, October 29, 2004

73 degrees in October!?!

Yes, It is lovely outside. Why am in in here? To post a comic corgi photo, and much more.
The Mindy Smith show at the Fine Line in Mpls, was excellent, and her first sold out show. It was worth standing up for 4 hours, through Garrison Starr (I liked this band), and another band I didn't really like (unnamed), and then having scratchny throats from smoking exposure, and needing to take showers (we smelled like smoke) as soon as we got home.
This week I ate nearly a whole loaf of Vegie Bread from the Spooner, WI Bake Shoppe. I think Troy had 2-3 slices. I am looking forward to cooking with my sous chef husband tonight, and hopefully making a small Thai dinner on Monday night before seeing "I *Heart* Huckabees". I'm really anxious to see that movie with an Existential Detective, and all that. Plus, it's a double date with a talented musical couple, "Sam n' Nat". Do see their shows, they're quite good.
I also put together an assemblable "sideboard" as Elizabethan clarified for me. I thought it was a hutch, but hey, I guess it's a "sideboard". She is doing a wonderful updating treatment to a hutch (*not a sideboard) by painting the GoodWill find black. It has lovely details and trim, and maybe she'll let me put a pic of it up when it's done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other artist would be _Charlie Mars_. And I think I had two sandwiches with the vegetable bread!

-DH

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Elizabethan and I would be flattered if you put up a picture of my hutch.