Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Educational recovery- Over-Yarn prevention

Requires a lot of relaxing, abstaining from reading virtually all books, and a great deal of creative activities. I have not completed the plaid pants yet, nor cut them out, but the mohair poncho is done. Today it is a shawl, tomorrow, or whenever I decide to add a seam it will become a poncho. It's quite warm, especially noteable on an 80 degree day like today.

I have a new Knitting theory to limit the amount of excess yarn purchases. It involves artful arrangement of all of one's yarn in the famed Stash- followed by an exclusive photo shoot- of the yarn. My theory is that by visually representing all the yarn including little remnants and odds and ends along with full skeins, I will be able to curb extraneous spending on the addictive and versatile fibers. I'll let you all know how it tests out, but first I have to go to Walgreens and have a pic printed. Then, when the urge strikes either before visiting a store, or during the shopping of said material I will whip out my picture and reassure myself that I am okay the way I am. I don't need more yarn, today at least. If the technique doesn't work- at least I will have spent the brainpower to try and save my money!

Also, I am now sharing my home with a computer hospital- definetely not the urgent care section- as we have 2 CPU's decorating our space. In addition to those, I will name our "study/office" the printer graveyard. Perhaps we should take a moment and say a few words about all the papers for school and Mapquest directions they lovingly printed for us while in their prime. Or, maybe not.

Tomorrow, it's back to class in the morning, and there I will present a case to my colleagues. It will be good to hear just what they have to say- and any survival tips too. Next week, part two of the exhausting last month's class will begin. I hope I am ready for it.


No comments: