Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Open gym at church


Open gym at church
Originally uploaded by CorgiMom.
This was Noah's second time in our church's gym. This was his response to
seeing kids playing with basketballs in the gym. It was a bit like a deer in
the headlights, just frozen. I love his posture, he's leaning in with rapt
attention, mesmerized by the shiny new floor, and sounds of balls being
dribbled and pounded into the wood floor.

I was volunteering later on, and missed seeing Noah wander back time and
time again to re-experience the gym. What was I doing? I was making cotton
candy!

It was tons of fun, and a bit messy. I wore an apron from home, but it was
my arms and hair that got the most messy. By the time I was done, about 2
hours later, my hair had a sticky cloud of sugar lightly crisped up. It was
really funny. I had never seen so many flavors. They had lemon (not a hit
with the kids), lime, silly nilly pink, and my favorite, green apple. I
would seriously consider a part time job at the state fair making cotton
candy now...

To Dh's horror, I offered some cotton candy to Noah. He refused to open his
mouth to taste it .

No comments: