Connie tagged me, once upon a time, so here we go.
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight Random Things about Me:
1. While my husband and I were dating I journaled on each day I spent time with him. I gave him all those journals on our wedding day.
2. I learned pretty much all I know about gardening with a retired police officer, Larry McDonald, who taught Rebecca Kohls about how to maintain her rooftop garden. Remember that piece on the news when she'd give the weather report from the top of the roof? Oh, and I ran into her at the Yarnery in St. Paul, buying yarn for her next knitting project.
3. I have swung from a vine, eaten "lemon ants" and swam in a pool at the base of a waterfall in the Amazon Rainforest, in Ecuador near the Napo River.
4. I have seen Blue-footed Boobies, and the elusive Red-footed boobies while studying ecology and biology in the Galapagos Islands.
5. When I was a kid I got the back of my earring stuck in my earlobe, and my Mom and I had to go to urgent care to get it fished out on a weekday night. And my Mom couldn't believe the back of my earring was stuck in there!
6. I have walked on crumbly lava, warm with underground activity. I also steamed my leg by accident while I was there in Hawaii on the Big Island. This was one of the most exciting things I have ever done, and I plan to do it again sometime.
7. I have pretty good intuition. I dreamt my friend had her baby and woke up mad that she hadn't told me. I got to work that day and got a call from her around 10am saying that she'd gone into labor in the middle of that night *while I was dreaming in my bed.* Another time I sensed another friend was going to have her baby, and she declared she was fine, and comfortable that evening when asked. About an hour later she went to the hospital and the nurse checked her and found that she was in labor already.
8. On 9-11 I woke up and for some reason felt like I should wear black. I usually wear more than 2 or 3 colors at a time, and seldom wear black. I dressed in black and felt like I was dragging through the early morning. Then I heard the sobering news.
9. That was such a downer I had to add a ninth post to the eight post meme. Hmmm. DH and I used to exchange e-mails with large vocabulary words as their subject. Often the words we selected were totally unrelated to the e-mail.