Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Redoing the tank and losing teeth

My very honest friend Elzbieta had the heart to point out that my shapely tank was looking too big. I think she meant to say that it's shape and my shape weren't going to work out together. So- I ripped it all out. Yes. All of it, and cast on with at least 10 few stitches. I had to agree with her statement- I was concerned too. I just hope the second time around it is just right. DH's grandma also pointed out that I knit everything more than once- as in, I do a lot of ripping out my work and reknitting. Perhaps it's cause I spent too much time playing Frogger as a child- and I enjoy the frog pond? For the non-knitters- ripping things out can sound like rippit, ribbit, etc, thus time is spent in the frog pond when one is ripping out knitting progress.

The shapely tank is also evolving into a halter top- per my Adler friend and knitting colleague's suggestion. We will have to see what comes out of all these changes. Perhaps a commitment to steer clear of patterns?! This is a vow I have taken once I own the Knitter's Bible, or some similar book containing a multitude of knitting stitches and stitch patterns.

In the Weasel-Pop storybook, Genevieve, our puppy, spent a significant amount of time lingering near the bottom of the stairs yesterday morning. This was while I was doing documentation for work while in the dining room. I checked the area for oopsie potty problems. None. So I returned to my seat, only to hear Buster playing with something that sounded like glass. In the interest of my corgi's safety and my reluctance to continue my boring work I checked things out. There on the floor sat a little pool of puppy spit (I know, it's gross- but it's true) and a little flat corgi molar-like tooth. Weasel-pop had lost her first tooth !

This morning at 6am a similar thing happened. And tooth number two was found alongside my part of the bed, again making a similar clinking metallic-like noise upon hitting the floor. DH asked what the sound was, I said, "It could be another tooth." And it was.

No comments: