Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Linkages

[Blogging support staff (i.e., DH) taking dictation from CorgiMom. There was an apparent malfunction of some unknown kind, and another very long post was lost into the cyber abyss. DH will now attempt to recreate from verbal direction]

I switched... something about how I switched over to MS Windows so that I could have a link-laden post, and when I was almost done, my post disappeared. Today my mom ordered a sweater pattern for me to knit for her. It is being sent to my house. That means I will spend way too much time tracking it and experience the drama of frustration followed by ecstasy when it arrives. [Dogs making play rough-housing noises.] Ready? I offered to knit a sweater for my mom last winter, um... she has finally decided which one, or which two to select. I think she waited this long, and then I had like 1, 2, 3 [oh, you mean like this?] 1) Mom wanted me to increase my knitting skill before I knit her a sweater, 2) She wanted to be confident of achieving a good looking product so she wouldn't have to wear an ugly sweater so I would feel good, 3) She wanted me, possibly, to be able to save some money for potential spending and decided to buy a sweater kit so I can keep on knitting through my yarn abstinence. You ready? [Yes.]

Next paragraph! The sweater I am knitting for Mom is this. Now highlight "this" [oh, wait, that's an instruction. I'm supposed to click on the green "bull like" picture on the bar - just a second.] Currently I am knitting this. And I want to knit this, this, this and this. I am also going to knit another capelet made of Orangina Divine.

The ice cream event was at Izzy's, results from the voting are here.

Next paragraph! I am still working on my thesis. You will here this probably until September, unless I get done earlier. Currently,

Whoops, that's a new paragraph. This... has been made by my DH downstairs. I am waiting for it. [It should be ready soon] I hope it will be delightful. Today, my husband [that's me] called me and sent me here to get a free Caribou Coffee Cooler - cool Light White Berry with Raspberry is my favorite. I am still working on my blue and light-green sock.

Today I went to the library and picked up two non-non-fiction books. My husband detected an absence of my reading fiction books and felt that I should.. what should we say [little chuckling, presumably at my typing whatever she's saying verbatim] add to my reading list. So I picked up two books today: The Secret Life of Bees and The Swallows of Kabul. I greatly appreciate my one-man blogging support staff [that's me!] and hope that he will continue to be faithful to me in this way in the future as I'm sure this dreadful occurrence will fall upon me again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a very sweet DH. I can't imagine my DH would type a blog entry for me....of course you don't know if you don't ask!