Friday, June 17, 2005

Bloomington, MN large turtle saved yesterday

Yesterday I was waiting at home after my session (I'm a therapist) for my honey to come home. At one point I checked my cell phone and he indeed had left a message. He said, "call me back and I will let you know why I am coming home late." I called, he didn't answer. All kinds of ideas were going through my head...what was he up to?
When he came home he said he'd done something that would make me proud. He had helped a turtle across the road. Yay for turtle rescues! He said it was a huge turtle, bigger than a frisbee. Not a snapper, though. His comments about his courageous endeavor are thus, "He was determined to get across the road- though he would not choose the path of safety- he wanted the fastest route."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for him! I saw a woman on Highway 101 just south of Chanhassen doing the same thing today for a basketball-sized turtle.

- LisaD. said...

Speaking of turtles, I just saw my first lake turtle yesterday while canoeing in Hyland Lake. So cool. Nice to know that there are turtle relocators out there. You must be so proud.

Also, you're undoubtedly gonna receive many compliments on your capelet. In the words of Will Ferrell, "It's scrum-tru-lescent."