Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Missing: Snb'er

I missed group today. Sad, sad times. My other knitting friend didn't return my call suggesting an evening knitting date. Double sad. I went to Menard's and spent an hour there looking at chair leg floor protectors, doorknobs, and lighting. I also picked up Family Circle knitting (yes, at Menard's) for one particular pattern, a summer cotton yarn twin set with eyelets and a middle cable tank. Cute. DH was gone, and I was on my own.

I am still working on getting to the heel flap part of my Jaywalker. I might reach it tonight. The sock keeps measuring at 6.35 or something, despite knitting and measuring for progress. I might do that safety pin trick so I can see more visibly the progress.

I have been toying with the idea of completing some unfinished things. Here is the list: summer light green cotton capelet (kit from Target). I am mulling over the idea of ripping out the first completed half of it, and tinkering with the pattern to knit it in the round instead of as two pieces), grape cable Sierra purse (still needs handles to be purchased, and for me to sew in its lining), blue boy baby sweater (needs the button band to be completed and sewn on), orange mohair baby sweater (needs me to weave in the tails from crabstitch trim on cuffs and outer edging. I sewed the rest of the snaps on today while being sick for half a day). That might be it.

I knit 3 cotton dishcloths between a week ago Saturday and Easter day. One for my Mom, one for my MIL, and one for my GMIL (Grandma in law). I have another to make still, for my SIL. They are my springy little treat to their recipients. I have a new favorite dishcloth pattern, and no, I haven't knit dishcloths for about 2 years, and I have been knitting for about 2 1/2 years total.

No comments: