Monday, January 16, 2006

Whew! Talk about Olympic reading! and writing!

So- I just blazed my way through a workout of reading all the blogs I missed while in the stunningly beautiful country of Costa Rica. Loved it- I returned at 11pm Saturday night, and woke Sunday morning longing to put on my swimsuit and go for a low tide walk along the ocean and Tamarindo. But alas. I went to church instead. Which was great, but not Costa Rica, and it's still winter here! I thought spring might have sprung early, I was gone a week, c'mon!

In my blog time, which entails upwards of 22 blogs to read with my bloglines subscription, I came across a number of things work mentioning, plus I have some of my own things to say, too.

First, there is another knitter/RAZR owner blogging person, yay for the slickest cell! Plus, she also talks about her new love for knitting podcasts, as does my SnB friend, Beth.

Second, great CS not computer science, but customer service stories are requested here. The Vogue knitting v-neck in the magazine's pictured colorway is here, knit in real life, by a real person, also an SnB'er of my cohort.

The most amazing mitten you'll ever cast your eyes on can be found here.

And, for the knitting- as- sport enthusiasts out there, join the knitting olympics. I plan to join, but need help selecting a project that meets the criteria.

Read these options, and go vote via the comments section: (time for lurkers to delurk themselves in the name of olympic knitting.

Here are some options:
Teva Durham's Lace Leaf sweater, (it's the green one) Teva's one strap tunic in Loop D loop book, Cat Bordhi moebius basket (the Yarn Harlot is making her strummed cowl), Branching out scarf, baby sweater for friends who are expecting, and I am open to other options.

Ok- time for some CR now...If you go there, use Costa Rican Sun Tours, and request Alex and "Hawaii" to be your guides. They are the best team. Our driver managed to skillfully avoid the countless potholes in the road while spying rare birds on power lines, and monkeys in far away trees. Increible!

1 comment:

Kelle said...

I don't know Meleah, I don't know if any of those projects would be an olympic challange for you. Maybe the baby sweater.