Sunday, September 05, 2004

Suffering from a naughty computer

It's been misbehaving lately, thus the slowness of the posting of new material. Plus, I was still recovering from the education overload I not so fondly call, "intellectual hangover".

But yesterday Troy and I went to the fair and watched a calf being born. The vets had to pull it out with chains, I watched it while I was eating the rest of my pineapple malt from the Empire Commons building. yummy.

We visited a funky coffeehouse friday night, called "Diamonds". Now I'm a girl who likes shiny things, like platinum and silver, sparkles, and of course diamonds. It has a retro atmosphere with lava lamps, and aqua blue diamond shapes on the walls. We'd recommend this place, as it's open till midnight on the weekends, non-smoking, and I had a creme brulee mocha- mmm!

The fuzzyfeet have been given a break to allow others to join the fuzzyfeet knit along, once we have more join, and I let my knitting blogging friend, Chele get her poor Hello Kitty Saturn to the friendly yarn store- Borealis Yarns, I shall give them attention again.

Yesterday- I bought yarn to make my first sweater. It's a gift to my husband, and I wanted him to know in advance so I can knit it in public, and keep measuring him as I make it so it'll fit. It's using the SnB pattern, the "Very Manly Sweater" and yarns Cascade 220 that are various shades of blues. We went to my new favorite yarn store where *so far* the staff has been nice and helpful. It's called Borealis Yarns, and I suggest that you go there, if anything just to hold their yarns outside on the street corner and watch the gawkers stare as the real colors of the yarn show through in natural light. Come to think of it, why is it so important to look at the colors in natural light anyway, once it's cold enough to wear a sweater people'll be inside where the flourescent lights preside over sunlight. Hmm...something to ponder...




No comments: