Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I dreamt about Dr. Phil last night

He was taping at the Target Center in MPLS, and there was a Mississippi River cruise with him before the show. Beware- this is all a dream!

I'm fairly certain that I have reached the point where I will be e-mailing Dr. Phil with a lengthy letter pleading to meet him and Robin. I'm supposed to get to see him next fall or so, and sit in the audience, in 2005 when I GRADUATE! but I don't know if I can wait till then. I just seem to sit in my classes at the Alfred Adler Graduate School, and think....hmmm... that what Dr. Phil says. As far as the field of psychology goes, I always wonder who will be this generation's Freud or Jung, and would love to predict who that would be. But as for now, I satisfy myself with trying to submerge myself in current psychological theory, and in our pop culture world, it really seems like the Dr. Phil messages are timely and appropriate, relevant yet practical to our busy hectic lives.

In my dream though, (and this was a let-down) Dr. Phil and I were introduced and he responded with an *underwhelming (*frequent Dr. Phil word) response. He was courteous but seemed too busy for me. I told him I was studying Marriage and Family therapy, and he was like, "oh, That's nice. " Just like the response a friend might give when they are too busy for you but want to "appear" to be listening. I have heard that "oh. That's nice." stuff enough to distinguish it from authentic responses. As I should in the ultra-observative field in which I am pursuing my studies.

I for sure have to meet him so he can redeem his character from that which was expressed by my unconscious last night.

I also had a dream that I went to get my long hair trimmed, and the stylist "accidentally" cut my hair to my shoulders instead. OOpps. Now I will have to wait to get over that pseudo-trauma before trimming up the split ends.

Plus- I had class last night, and made it through with no problems. Despite doing a large landscaping project for 2 hours by myself after taking the dog on an hour and a half long walk, I was determined to prettify the yard, and get closer to completing this task.

No comments: