Thursday, November 24, 2005

I am not a math queen, and I do like to be certain I have enough yarn- do you think I was on target, or stunningly off-base when I placed this order?!

Kiddy Print mohair from Borealis Yarns, St. Paul, Knitpicks Sierra from

Knitpicks of course! So far I have used one and a half skeins of Sierra

for the back, and not even a whole skein of mohair. Oh- did I tell you

my mohair traumas? After a LONG day of work I came home with a friend

and saw that the puppy had knocked the gate down in the kitchen. The

gate was used to keep her out of trouble, and out of the rest of the

house. Somehow she freed herself, AND unzipped my knitting bag. Yes, it

was tightly zipped when I left it at the start of the day (what was I

thinking leaving my knitting at home?!) and unzipped at home. Mohair

was strewn up and down the steps, Buster had some strands cascading

across his back and one in this sharp teeth happily playing tug of war

with the puppy. I rescued it with my friend providing distractions, and

put it away. About 2 weeks later I was in the bathroom for about 3

minutes, and the mohair was in the same state, dogs playing in it,

tangled hopelessly.



Fast forward- a week out- while waiting for a friend at Cafe Latte I

began the tedious untangling process. Two older ladies stopped to chat,

and encouraged me, "You'll get it untangled, use knitters, we always

do." After Cafe Latte we went to Starbucks where I did indeed get it

wound neatly back up. I think I only had to cut out about 8 inches

total. No worries, and I have been fine and on-guard with my knitting

ever since.



Oh- happy turkey day to all knitters, and happy knitting time If you're

not the turkey cooks!

2 comments:

renee said...

Very pretty!

- LisaD. said...

Meleah,
From looking at your started Vogue cabled sweater, I am so inspired now to start mine. Right after Christmas! The colors you chose are gorgeous.