Saturday, November 05, 2005

graduation day

Tomorrow at 1pm is graduation from my grad school. Yippee!! We are going out to Epic in Eden Prairie for Sunday brunch beforehand. It doesn't feel real that tomorrow is grad day. I just feel tired from my physically and emotionally exhausting job. This week ended a little tough instead of being a light day to send me of into the weekend. I am trying to relax though, and tomorrow I will CELEBRATE!

I have been knitting on my Mom's sweater. I was nearly done but then realized there was a goof- way too many stitches. So I ripped it out and have begun again. It was about 9 inches that I had to rip out, but it knits up fast when I have time to knit on it. I am trying to wait to start my sweater- the Vogue Knitting v-neck with a big cable down the middle until my Mom's sweater is done. I think I will be needing the knitting needles that are currently in use for her project. So I am w..a..i..t..i..n..g...

Tonight we (Dh and I) are making shrimp with ginger sauce from my favorite Thai cookbook. This morning we went running, DH made french toast and we watched last week's Smallville, and went to church. It was a relaxing day.

Buster news- he had to go to the vet Wednesday because he had a lesion near his tail. At the clinic they shaved his fur in that spot, cleaned it out, gave him a shot of penicillin, and sent me home with instructions to return in 10 days, give Buster benadryl, fatty acid capsules, spray his lesion with hydrocortisone spray, and give him amoxicillin twice a day. He had been licking and biting that spot in the middle of the night at 4am on the dot. It was keeping me up at night with all the noise he made. I didn't even know what the spot looked like until we brought him to the vet because his tail is usually up in the air curling and hiding that area. He is now a lot of work, but it seems that he is feeling better.

1 comment:

renee said...

Congratulations on the graduation. That's quite an accomplishment!