Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tons of cookies in the house!

Our house smells lovely, like walking through the once- was- Dayton's- now- is- Marshall Fields holiday display. You know the part where you get near the end, and there's the little nook with Santa and the Franklin Street Bakery's most fanciful holiday cookies. Between Wednesday night with my best friend Elzbieta and this morning while Troy was at church singing, (and rocking might I add to a David Crowder song) cookies have been made in a big WAY! Like more than 11 dozen cookies, not including the cornflake wreaths that are ooh so sticky.

The cookies are for a cookie exchange at my work tomorrow morning. This week should almost feel like a weeks worth of Christmas parties and events because starting Wednesday at Stitch in Bitch a few days worth of fun events begins. A Secret Santa lunch on Wednesday following a morning of getting my oil changed (hopefully) after SnB, Thursday is my work party in the evening (I'm on the committee for it) and Friday- hmm...oh, a work team social event in the afternoon, and Saturday is Dh's Christmas party.

Big news. I've been swimming at our health club. The freezing cold air has forced Dh and I to pursue indoor physical activity. No more running outside with the dogs. That means the dogs have been really naughty- excessive barking, stealing our things, and getting into trouble all around, and that Dh and I have been able to diversify our activities. I have now begun a Pilates class, running on the treadmill, and swimming in the pool. I have lots of memories of bad experiences of Non-Adlerian swimming lessons. The way they were done back then makes swim instructors appear barbaric. I should not have been so traumatized- they would never do that now, as it could be detrimental to my self esteem. Oh wait- it was, that's why I had to wait till I was ready and felt safe to start to get this swimming thing down. And Dh is a great teacher, and there is no 12 feet deep water at the club, only 5 feet, and that I can handle being a 5' 9 1/2 inch person.

Oh, and sometimes I knit. I did the ruffle on my first sleeve of the vogue Knitting v-neck. It might be a little too flouncy for me- I am waiting to get opinions at the next SnB.

No comments: