Wednesday, August 08, 2007

love this way to live

I have been living under a rock, that doesn't have wireless, thus am way behind on my blogs. That makes me think of my mom and my aunt who still read their hometown newspaper, of Kanawha, IA. They call it "the ripper" or even if feeling sassy, they call it the "ripper-snorter." I don't know why, that is just what they do.

So, in my limited blogreading, I found this great way to live, I call it semi-sustainably. Now, I'm not going to go all Walden, (Henry David Thoreau's Classic book) and be a hermit in a little wood shed, but I am trying to make some concerted, or perhaps, concrete, changes to support the environment.

From a Christian religious, Biblical perspective, Genesis 1:1 speaks loud and clear about God creating the heavens and the Earth. Later, we are told to be fruitful and multiply. I'm pretty sure God wasn't telling us to consume, consume, consume, but to support and encourage sustainability. Rob Bell says, "(taking care of the earth) is not a Democratic issue, it is a Genesis 1:1 issue."

For this reason and because it is a good thing to do, I suggest you visit this blog and take your own similar challenge.

Oh, and keep knitting, you know your stash can support itself.

No comments: