Thursday, October 06, 2005

passed the oral exam!

It was easy. It was more like a discussion, as my advisor had said, and it was not bad at all. It felt great to get a signed original piece of paper that said that I passed. Nice. We celebrated at Buca in Eden Prairie. I had Chicken Saltimbocca without capers. We also had the mozz. cheese salad-like thing, spaghetti with meat sauce, and fettucine supremo. It was a double date with my best friend and her husband. We had a great time until we saw the flooded roadways.

When we made it back home (this was the night of the torrential, non-stop rains) I "saved our block of houses in our neighborhood" with DH's help. I initiated a storm sewer clean-up which entailed scooping out all the wet fallen leaves from the drainage so our street wouldn't flood. I was up to my elbow in such gook and one of the drainage things was plugged, so we fixed it. There was no flooding on our streets because we saved our block.

Knitting. What is that again? Well, every now and then I get a round or two done on my sock, but it's not for lack of desire. I have been a BUSY girl! This weekend DH and I are leading worship at a camp (the camp where my crush on him intensified while doing said activity a few years ago). This year I get to bring him to the dam. I'm excited. I wanted to do it back then, but the timing wasn't right. Now, we're married so we can go to the dam together:)

I am really hoping my meeting starts at 9:30 and not 9. It's a staff meeting, and we haven't had one for 3 weeks. I'm too lazy to go to my car outside and check my corgi planner in the trunk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! Does that mean you're done with school altogether?

- LisaD. said...

Hmmm. What is the Dam? Is it a real dam? Is it as romantic as it sounds, or is that getting to personal?

Yay for being the neighborhood hero!!!!