Saturday, November 13, 2004

Reiterative babble? aka as Integrated paper

If you've ever tried to write an "integrative paper" you'll understand what I mean. You already know how it feels to sit, eyes glazy, with blank stares at the computer screen. For hours, and hours...on end. That is what integrative paper means to me. I mean, I had the experiences, I did the time, do I really have to write about it again?

Currently, I am in the menacing troes of paper-writing turmoil. Well, it isn't that bad, now that I took the time during watching Friday's Dr. Phil about overspenders for a second time while organizing my notes and thoughts for this task. I have since then embraced the freedom/curse of writing a paper for which I know little of its grading criteria, nor do I have an expectation for its length. Thus, I have begun my integrated art therapy directed study paper. This is the final element in my goal of attaining an art therapy specialization. When I complete it, I can say in all honesty that I took the Bob Bartholow approach to life. I will have taken a whack.

At this point it is not about perfection- it is about completion. Also in all honesty I contemplated out loud to my husband what it would mean if I just didn't do this paper. He said it would look bad on my resume, to which I replied- no one would know- I'm not going to walk into a session with a client and say, "Guess what- I didn't actually fulfill all the requirements of the Alfred Adler Graduate School Art Therapy Directed Study Program".

But just between me and you- the paper's half done. And when I start something, I do finish it. Especially when it relates to academia. I figure, if I spent even a moment of my time, an ounce of my energy while enrolled in any class, that I must give it my best, and finish out my work. But it is hard, I won't lie. I already said I wrestled with writing this paper in the first place. And again, since I started it- I better go back to it- right now, wait...oh, my husband's making cookies, the chocolate butterscotch ones (one of my favorite) ... and I want to keep knitting Troyboy's sweater sleeves. They're almost done now! Just about 14 rows, 7 on each to go. But I think I'll be a good girl and go write s'more.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

With ever-increasing focus on delivering return on investment (ROI) in business, many organizations have implemented Program Management and Portfolio Management functions to improve project success levels. integrative research review

Joseph Ferguson said...

The first time that you simply visit a brand new medical man it's possible that a comprehensive examination can happen. This familiarizes the dental supplier and also the team that works with him of the condition of not simply your mouth however your overall health. phd comprehensive exam

Thomas T. Vanover said...

Good informative post. Thanks

Thomas T. Vanover said...

An integrative paper is a way for a student to show his current opinion regarding a certain subject matter at the present point in time. The integrative paper should contain the use of the word "I" frequently throughout the writing services http://www.researchproject.biz/business-research-writing-service/ and I spent even a moment of my time. This is so helpful article about integrative paper writing. Thanks

Unknown said...

Good to know your writing.

aliyaa said...

Wow informative blog. There are plenty of essays to buy online for students so this a good news. You can also hire a expertise from here https://www.buycustomessays.net/faq-on-where-can-i-buy-essays-online/ and can be able to benefits they will derive from our essay buy online service.

Unknown said...

Awesome writing.