Tuesday, April 13, 2010

latest obsessions

David Bromstad's HGTV Color Splash show- I love design with color and he is so willing to do whatever style the homeowner is inspired by. He also has lots of artsy elements to his design. He always does some type of awesome acrylic painting which makes me want to paint, and has the most amazing designs.

Here's a tip he shared on the show today, use your accent color at three different heights to create continuity and keep the eye moving.

I'll have to assess my bathroom design thus far and see if I followed it or not.

Other obsession- is Trader Joe's Triple Ginger cookies. I always like ginger, but when I'm pregnant I want more, more, more! Like the ginger cookie at Turtle Bread Co. Mmm. But these Trader Joe ones use 3 kinds of ginger including crystallized ginger. They are so irresistible I want to sit down with a tub of them and just chow!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We are big fans of David too and I would love to have a piece of custom art from him! Also a fan of Trader Joe's but we don't have one here. A Sprouts just opened, have you ever been there? It's a similar concept.