Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Spent the weekend in Kansas

And visited Lawrence, KS's Yarn Barn. My brother took DH- Troy and I on a wonderful whirlwind tour of the city. We saw art museums, went shopping, and ate KC, MO's BBQ- at Arthur Bryant's. We had pork and chicken and was it ever tasty!

I splurged and bought one skein of Rowan's biggy print in a really pretty shade of blues. I plan to make a hat with it for winter. It's hard to think about knitting hats and mittens when we are all walking arouund sticky with humidity in the dog days of summer- but now's the time to start. Plus- I have begun work on Christmas gifts- hand-made I might add. So far just the women in my life will be receiving my fanciful creations, and to date I have two projects completed.

On a side note, I just finished my first knitted hat. It went really well, and I really like the pattern on http://www.chicknits.com/h2ohatpattern.shtml. It's for a two hour hat. It really took me 5 minutes shy of two hours to knit- not including sewing up the seam. My finished project was so cute that I had to wear it- for just a little bit of time, around the house to show off my efforts. Let's just say that I will make that hat time and time again! Pictures will not be posted of this fun masterpeice due to the delicate content of ruining someone's Christmas surprise.

OOH- I wore my tank top- completed- to SnB tonight. It was quite exciting to finish a summer item while summer is still here! Also there I learned that one should not order a strawberry cream soda, as the acidity of the berries prohibits the drink from blending properly. It must be some crazy chemistry thing. Too bad I didn't pay more attention to those chemical reactions. That's ok, the lesson is that strawberry cream sodas don't work.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i may never get over the trauma of looking at the weirdly curdled drink! but the brownie was awfully good.....

chele